Prairieland Market promotes the enduring health of both food buyers and growers, and of community and the environment, with products natural and local. To that end we:
- favor food raised organically rather than with synthetic chemicals.
- favor food grown close to home by family farms over distant, corporate suppliers.
- want buyers to find not only healthful food, but also helpful knowledge.
- want growers rewarded with a fair price.
- work for all to enjoy a personable and flourishing marketplace.
“How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used.”
– Wendell Berry
People and goods
Prairieland Market’s directors are members who volunteer. Other members are welcome to help. Local growers supply fruits, vegetables, herbs, meat, cheese, and eggs. Local bakers also sell at Prairieland. We prepare and offer meals to go, such as meat and bean wraps, soup, and salad. We also stock organic produce, canned goods, and other food from suppliers, plus personal and house-cleaning products. We special order food for customers, including in bulk.